- Arapiles’ Brain Death Boulder (Dyurrite 1) Interim Protection Declaration expires without renewal
- FOI docs reveal archeological work is never put out to tender
- Castle Crag & Mitre Rock potentially on the chopping block
The following is a quick look at the timelines and discrepancies associated with the closure of the Dyurrite 1 site – known to climbers as the Brain Death Boulder at Arapiles.
Continue reading Arapiles Protection Declaration Expires
Many people woke this morning to the dramatic news on the radio that Arapiles was now closed. Thanks ABC for giving us all a pre-coffee heart attack! Lucky it was just media hype. But what really happened is newsworthy all the same.
Continue reading Declaration Protection – It’s Official
• We get an expert geologist’s opinion of the Sandinista white streaks (spoiler alert – #notclimbers)
Continue reading Expert Advice – Chalk or Nature?
• PV closes Camp Sandy – because of flood damage?
• and then proceeds to go on a chainsaw choppy frenzy at Andersen’s & Sandinista.
Could Parks Victoria mistake natural white rock & bird poo for climbing chalk in their rush to ban climbing? Yes they could. What you are about to read is one of those big moments where the ineptitude of the PV’s assessment process of rock climbing areas is exposed for what it is. A flawed and amateur attempt to quite literally white-wash climbers in the worst possible light whilst shirking any responsibility. Think the “bolt in art” fiasco was bad? This is better.
Continue reading The Sandinista Scandal – White Lies from PV
• Bundaleer SPA announced & more to come
Continue reading Bundaleer SPA (and 8 other reasons we should be worried)
• PV’s assessments stall midway through the Grampians
• Guides face even harsher restrictions
Want to see climbing at Arapiles continue in the long term? Aboriginal Victoria is proposing a proper ban, with large fines attached, on Dec Crag and they want your input into the process. This article covers some of the details on why we need your submission.
Continue reading Dec Crag – Act Now!